Thursday, September 9, 2010

Toy Story Aliens

I recently got the Toy Story Cricut cartridge. I bought it because my daughter in law loves anything Toy Story and I told her I would decorate the twins' room with the characters.

When I got the cartridge, the first characters I cut out was the Aliens (Ryo's favorite). As with most Disney Cricut cartridges, the smaller the cut, the more difficult it is to assemble them. Its the little pieces that will cause problems.

I cut these aliens at 3" tall and the small pieces were not too difficult. I like to use adhesive backed cardstock and that makes it so much easier to assemble the pieces.

The greeting is cut using Wild Cards. I inked the background of the cardstock. On the inside of the card it says "Ooooooh!"


Hope you enjoyed today's feature. I had fun making this card and I just might save it for my daughter in law's birthday next month.

In the next week, there will be lots of excitement on the Cricut Messageboard and Circle Messageboard. On September 14 at 12:00 AM (11:00 pm on September 13 in Central time) Provo Craft and HSN will have the world launch of the Cricut Imagine. I will be watching to see this new product in action, but will have to wait patiently for my Imagine to arrive. I was one of the fortunate ones to get a certificate for an Imagine at the Provo Craft Launch party in July. Word is, it should arrive some time in October. In the mean time, I'll be watching all the videos and reading all the information and watching the HSN launch to learn all there is to know about the Imagine! By the time my Imagine arrives, I'll be able to operate it blindfolded!

Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a great day!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

2 comments:

  1. This card is adorable Cathy! I must get this cartridge pronto! I really need it before next weekend!

    ReplyDelete