Saturday, September 25, 2010

Lee DeWyze Concert WOW!


Last week, my friend Marie called and asked if I would like to go with her to see Lee DeWyze. He would be performing at Arlington Park Racetrack (Arlington Heights, IL) and I said YES! I hadn't been watching much of Idol over the past few years, but when I heard they had a contestant from the town where I lived, I had to check it out. He received a great deal of support from Mount Prospect and the surrounding suburbs and we are very proud of our American Idol winner! And now, I was going to have the chance to see him in concert!

It was held in the grandstands at the racetrack and the weather was a bit cool to be outdoors, and we were in the last row at the top, but none of that mattered once he appeared on stage. He sang some songs I didn't recognize, a few I did (The Boxer, Hallelujah, Rocket Man). He did one song, I think was called "Dreaming" and he said that was the first time performing that song. I can't wait until his new CD is released in October.

Here are a few photos of the concert.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy



No comments:

Post a Comment