Thursday, January 28, 2010

Trying My Hand at Cutting Vinyl Again

I've only tried vinyl once, so I thought I'd give it another try. Last weekend was my granddaughter's 5th birthday. I wanted to make something different for her.

I had a plain wooden box (which, by the way, was made by her father). I painted it with pink acrylic paint. I used brown vinyl and cut flourishes from Cricut Storybook cartridge and cut my granddaughter's name using Jasmine. I applied the vinyl to the box and was surprised how well it went on the box and how well it stuck. I was a bit concerned that it might peel up in time (or that little fingers might be curious about it) so I put two coats of an acrylic varnish to seal it.



My granddaughter loved it and she's already got it filled with her bracelets and necklaces!

I liked the way this came out so much, I just might make something for myself!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment