Thursday, January 28, 2010

Its Never Too Early to Start Being Creative

Today, I'll be posting someone else's work. My granddaughter turned 5 years old last week and for her birthday, she received a Hello Kitty Scrapbook kit from her Uncle Dave (my son). Kayla was very excited about it and was anxious to come to Nonnie's house (me) to work on it with her. The girls came to visit me today and after lunch, Kayla and I sat down to do her first page. We looked through the photos from her birthday party and of all the photos she could choose from, she picked one of her with her sister, Kerri. Kayla is wearing her Barbie dress up dress she received as a gift. Kerri wanted to dress up too, and is wearing her Snow White dress.

I showed a little to Kayla how to put the glue on the back of the photo, but everything after that, she did. She cut trim with the decorative edge scissors and glued it on the page, chose the stickers, the borders even the flowers (I had to show her how to use glue dots) She tried to use the glue stick to put the layout on the page in the book, but it didn't stick very well. I showed her double stick tape and we put the page in the book. She took the little gel pen that came with the set (she seemed determined to use a little bit of everything that came in the kit) and drew little pictures on the side borders - the one on the left side of the photo is her Mom!. She's still learning to write, so I wrote out the numbers for her to write the date on the page.


We had so much fun working on this layout together. I'm also so very proud of her first page! Hopefully, it will be the first of many layouts and creative projects we will work on together!

Thanks for letting me share!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment