Monday, January 25, 2010

Early Start on Valentines

I've gotten an early start making valentine cards this year. Here is the first to show.



A couple weeks ago, I received the Valentine themed Cuttlebug folders. I really love embossing papers for all my work, it really adds something unique to a card or layout.

The card is 5 x 7 in size. I used the Cuttlebug conversation hearts folder for this one, using white paper, and I colored the hearts in different colors using chalk. It was a bit easier and gave it a softer look using a cotton swab. This design is framed with scraps! Yes, I had cut out two different sized and colored scalloped hearts and when I saw the scrap, I realized I could use that too. The background of the card is embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder, used my brayer and red Tim Holtz Distressed Ink to color just the dots (boy, that brayer worked GREAT! I've always made a mess inking embossed images) The flower border at the bottom of the card was cut using my Gypsy Wanderings cartridge, my Gypsy and Expression. I added tiny pearls to the centers of the flowers.

I've got more Valentine cards to show and will be posting them over the next week or so.

Hope you survived Monday, thanks for stopping by!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy




1 comment:

  1. It's an embossing month I think lol. I've been experimenting on sanding effects, Sandy had a great technique on her blog and now I find this lol. I'm so going to try these techniques.

    Great card! TFS : )

    ReplyDelete