Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Project of 2010

Happy New Year everyone! Having been a creative person for most of my life, I always like to look at photos of the projects I've created in the past year. With 2010 upon us, I hope to challenge and stretch my creative muscle and by doing so, I hope I am able to inspire all that visit my blog.

For my first project of the year, I created a centerpiece and favors cake for my daughter in law's baby shower held today.

Using my Cricut Expression, and the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge, I cut 20 little cake shaped boxes, using pink and blue paper. My son and his wife are having twins and know its a boy and a girl! I used the Martha Stewart drippy goo border punch for the frosting on the top layer of cake pieces. I cut the babies' names - Jack and Juli and put that on the top of the cake. The Centerpiece was cut with shapes from the Cricut Cartridge New Arrival. The word "twins" was also cut using New Arrival. I attached the shapes to pipe cleaners and I put them into a glass jar (which was nice that its shaped like a vase!)





Wishing you a happy and creative 2010!

Thanks for stopping by!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment