Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mickey and Minnie and Copics

Today's featured cartridge is Mickey and Friends. How this all came about began quite simply. I had experimenting with using markers in my Cricut, to draw the shape and then cutting out the shape. It basically looked like a cut out coloring book image. I thought to try coloring the images with the Copic markers (that I have fallen for HARD!) I was pleasantly pleased at how well they turned out. Now, I know, this defeats the whole purpose of the Cricut and cutting in layers, but it was fun to try it and see how it would turn out.

I used the Cuttlebug and the Spots and Dots embossing folder for the background, and then used Copics to color random shapes. The verse is from a clear stamp.




Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to come by for my final 2 projects for my Challenge! And...for the "something special" announcement!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

6 comments: