Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 14 - Featuring Storybook



Hope you had a wonderful Sunday.  It was another beautiful day, and very welcome after all the rainy and gloomy days we've had so far.

Today, my project for day 14 of my Cricut cartridge challenge is Storybook.  This is one of my favorite cartridges.  It has so many different shapes and features, it can be used over and over again.  

I recently been looking into alcohol inks and markers with alcohol inks.  I have a set of 10 different colors of the Ranger inks and decided to give them a try with a paint brush.  I cut this framed leaf shape from Storybook from art paper (a smooth finish paper so the ink is not soaked up into the paper) and brought out my Inks and brushes.  I was very happy with the results.  The DCWV Old World paper for the background is perfect, as it looks like watercolors.  I used two photo corners (Sizzix Sizzlets) and a Studio G stamped greeting finished the card.


I'm really pleased with the way the card turned out.  I hope to experiment more with Alcohol inks!

Thanks for stopping by....I've used 19 cartridges so far, 15 more to go!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

1 comment: