Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Keeping Busy-New Project!

Well, last week, I finished my second large project within a month's time. This last project was a book for my sister's 50th birthday. We had a surprise party for her on July 4th. The book was 12 x 12, had 14 pages (both sides, so 28 sides). I had plenty of photos to put in it for her....it was photos of her I had taken over the years, either by herself or with family members. I am happy to report that she loves the book! I took pictures at the party and told her I would add them to the book. My next big project will really be two projects and I need to finish them by the beginning of August, but I don't want to say who it is for....just incase they stop by!

So, now, I will post some cards that I've made. I have plenty of cards to show. And, I have to admit, I've purchased several Cricut cartridges in the past month (the most I've ever purchased in the past 4 years since first getting the Cricut!) I have lots of ideas whirling around in my brain!

Without further delay, here is today's project.

This card was created using the Wild Cards Cricut cartridge. I cut it at 5 x 7", using an ivory cardstock, brown cardstock for the dial and wire. Kinda makes me laugh to see this phone and to think how many years ago, phones like this were all we had. Now there are wireless phones, cordless phones....some small enough to fit inside the mouthpiece of the old time phone!

I chalked the phone for definition. Used Happy Birthday stamp for the front and on the inside the verse reads "Consider your age unlisted!" This card will be perfect for an upcoming family birthday!


Thanks for stopping by...hope you enjoyed today's entry. Please come by again and see what I've created with all my new cartridges!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy



1 comment: