Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cricut LITE - Celebrate with Flourish

For about a month now, there has been the buzz about the 24 Cricut LITE cartridges, an exclusive to WalMart. They were to have them on display for sale by July 1. I was able to find a couple of these cartridges and couldn't wait to try out some of the cuts. Funny thing, though, I had to cut "the old fashioned way" as they were not added to the Gypsy software until this week. I'm such a creature of habit, I really had to work to cut just using my Cricut without any form of software.

Since this cartridge has lots of holiday shapes and titles, I picked the birthday cake, one I could use every day.


For the base of the card, I used Core'dinations White Wash paper, embossed with Tim Holtz embossing folder, sanded to reveal the teal color. Used a pumpkin color for the cake and the side borders, cut with Martha Stewart Scallop border punch. Peach colored scalloped oval was cut using Gypsy Wanderings.

Its a simple card, but I tend to lean towards simple, that's just my style!

Thanks for stopping by to check out today's feature. Its beginning to cool down here in the Chicago area, and we are in for a stretch of beautiful, summer weather! Enjoy the summer where ever you may be!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy


3 comments: