Sunday, July 11, 2010

Balloons to Celebrate

Hope you all had a great weekend. The weather was true summer like and now its storming. The flowers needed the rain, so I'm not complaining!

Here are a few cards I made featuring balloons. I love to cut them out of plain white cardstock and color them with Copic markers. Both can be used either for a birthday or a new baby.

This first one features a happy elephant (cut from Cricut Everyday PaperDolls) and the balloons are cut from Celebrations. The balloons are colored in using Copic markers and white Gelly Roll pen for the white highlights. I use black button cord for the strings tied to the balloons and to the trunk of the elephant.

The background paper is from the Color Kaleidoscope stack from Hobby Lobby's Paper Studio line. (this has some great bright, primary color papers)



This next card is fairly simple. The background paper is Bazzill Swiss Dots. The koala was cut from Cricut Create A Critter, I sketched in highlights with Copics. I used Black Glaze' pen to shine up the eyes and nose and white Gelly Roll pen for highlights in the eyes, nose and balloons. The balloons were also colored in with Copic markers. Used black button cord for the strings.

The grass was cut from Zoo Balloo cartridge. I know I cut that row of flowers and colored them too with Copics, but I can't for the life of me find what cartridge the cut is from. I will search my Gypsy and see if I can find it.

Thanks for stopping by to see my work. I hope you are having a great summer so far. This week, I should be receiving my Cricut Circle package and the Circle message board should be up and running. I'm looking forward to what the Circle is all about.

Enjoy!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

1 comment: