Sunday, August 1, 2010

What a WEEK!

Happy August everyone! The summer is flying by. It was an exciting and exhausting week, attending the Provo Craft Launch party on Tuesday, Friday morning was the Circle Meeting, and later to CHA SuperShow, Friday night dinner at Giordano's and back to the Super Show on Saturday. WHEW!

I enjoyed seeing so many crafty products. My first impulse is to BUY, BUY, BUY, but I was conservative. I did purchase a few Copic markers, and a book on Metal Clay for my Daughter (it was her belated birthday gift). She bought me a pack of Core'dinations paper (LOVE this stuff) and a Cuttlebug embossing/die combo. Can't wait to make some cards with this!

It was also so much fun to meet so many people with the same passion. We all love our paper crafting and we all love Cricut/Provo Craft. It was fun to meet people that I've seen on the internet and Message boards. As exhausted as I was, I still enjoyed helping Robyn (My Pink Stamper) set up for her class and help the attendees with their projects. Most seemed to be very well versed with the Cricut and it was a hoot to hear all those Cricuts "chirping" at the same time!

My daughter and I rushed back to the Cricut booth with raffle tickets in hand, and I was hoping we'd win a Cake (I'd give it to Katie, as she would do GREAT with one of these) but we didn't win. That's ok, we had a blast together. She got to do a make and take of the metal clay and made a beautiful silver pendant, and at her clay class, made another pendant with polymer clay. I think she's got another creative adventure in front of her!

I got to do some resting today, but back to reality tomorrow! It was a week to remember and I know I will be talking about it for weeks to come!

here are a few pictures from the week.

This is the Cricut head, painted by the artist David Garibaldi. He performed at the Launch party on Tuesday. In a word, AWESOME!



Ginger Adams from Provo Craft is a sweetheart! It was truly a pleasure to meet her! I am very short compared to her, and she stooped down to hug me for this pic!

Here I am with the "bug" of the hour! Cricut! The Circle meeting was lots of fun. A room filled with Cricut fanatics! A little bit of heaven, it was!

Thanks for letting me share my fun week.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend, please stop by again soon!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment