Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Very Sweet Treat


Happy Saturday everyone! Hope you are enjoying life where ever you may be! I had the granddaughters here over night and they went home a little while ago, and its very quiet!

Today, I wanted to brag on my daughter a bit. She has wanted a Cricut Cake since they first came out, but couldn't get one. Last fall, I happened to stop by Michael's Crafts and found one for a great price. They were clearing out all the Cricut Cake machines and accessories 60% off and I knew Katie would love one for Christmas. I bought it then called my son in law, asking if he wanted to give it to her for Christmas. So between Keith and I we gave Katie the Cake, the tool kit, mats, blades and 3 Cake cartridges. She said she wasn't too surprised (don't know how she figured it out) but I know she was pleased with the gifts. (Granddaughter Kayla said she hugged the box when she opened it tee hee)

Anyway, after some practice, she made her first cake...for Kayla's 6th birthday in January. Here is the finished product.



She used chocolate fondant for the two layers and dyed gumpaste for the words and butterflies and there is a border around the second layer that's not visable. The Cake was yummy (yellow layer on top and chocolate layer on the bottom) even the chocolate fondant was pretty good!

She learned quite a bit for her first attempt and I can only imagine the cakes she will make in the future!

Have a great Saturday....hope you stop by soon!

Koala- t hugs,

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. She did awesome..I love all the cakes I see and know I would not be able to do that...AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I'm so glad she's enjoying the fabulous gift. I got one before the holidays - same thing on clearance at Michaels, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow she did such a great job.

    Please swing by my blog when you get a chance.
    http://christinacreativecorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete