Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scrapbooking - We've Come a Long Way!

Hi all! Hope you survived the storm so far. With all the bruhaha regarding the storm, I had forgotten that today was Groundhog Day. The little furry guy in Philadelphia didn't see his shadow today, and that's supposed to mean an early Spring.....well, only time will tell. After the past few days, I'm sure there are lots of folks that are hoping the groundhog is correct! Keep your fingers crossed!

Today, I don't have a project, but a bit of a "blast from the past". I recently went through a bin I had in storage of momentos and a scrapbook I had made in 1970! I am working on a "Book About Me" for my grandkids. I have lots of photos, but remembered this old scrapbook I had made that held some other memories I could add to the newer book.

Here is a photo of the book. When I see this book - the pages were similar to construction paper and the book was assembled with a shoestring looking thing, I realize how far we have come regarding the saving of our memories. I'm sure the pages of this book are NOT acid free and certainly not archival quality - the pages were falling apart!

I think I used Elmer's glue to attach everything. I used scissors to cut out everything (and not really straight) and there was no flair or creativity to the pages! And most of the pages held greeting cards I received over the years. Infact, many of the cards are from people I didn't remember who they were!







I like how this hobby/craft has developed over the years. I think with all the tools and supplies we have available to us, the more it sparks my creativity.

I took the book apart (the paper of the pages was just about crumbling in my hands) and I saved the parts I wanted for my new book. I have programs of plays I was in during High School, graduation ribbons, tickets for concerts I attended....it was also fun to go down memory lane and be reminded of the events of my past.

I am working on my Book About Me....and I can't wait until I finish it!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks For bringing back some wonderful memories in scrapbooking. I remember have a scrapbook like this.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to go back, find stuff like that, and reminiense (spelling? -- you know what I mean, lol!)

    ReplyDelete