Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Projects Created with my Imagine

Hi All!

Wow, two posts from me in one day!

I was so excited that I created these using my Imagine. I had hit a few snags when using the freezer paper method (see previous post), the paper didn't stick down in places and the paint seeped through. Fortunately I was able to fix the boo boos. I decided to try something else and was thrilled with the results.

I purchased a package of the Avery Ink Jet Iron On transfer paper. This was for white or light colored fabrics. With this version, I had to reverse my image before printing. I used the blue print from the Imagine cartridge Yummy. The words "Tiny Dancer" are from the Cricut Cartridge Once Upon a Princess. The dancer girl is from Shall We Dance , but still had to use the freezer paper method (the Mac version of the Cricut Sync software is not available yet, so I was not able to use Shall We Dance in my Imagine yet....fingers crossed it will be out next week!).




This next bag was made using two different types of the iron on transfer paper. For the first layer which is the crown and word "princess" shape from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge. I used the Avery ink jet iron on transfer paper. I had to reverse the image with this also. I ironed it and it transferred well. For the second color for the crown, I used a transfer paper that is for dark fabrics. This was made by Wilton (yep, the Cake decorating folks!) and I LOVE this stuff! I didn't have to reverse the image, printed and cut it in the imagine and all I had to do was peel off the paper backing and place it on the fabric and iron on! I had to line it up so it covered the purple of the first layer, but if you look carefully, it does have a nice purple outline around the pink crown. I was very happy with the way this turned out! This is one of the bags I sewed myself.



These next two bags I used the Imagine and the Wilton transfer paper for dark fabrics. Made it SOOO EASY! I sewed these bags too.

These words were cut using the Hanna Montana cartridge. The print used on the word ROCK is from the Yummy Imagine cartridge.



The corners from this were cut using the Yummy Imagine cartridge and the word Imagine is from Home Accents and color print is from Yummy Imagine Cartridge. For some reason, it photographed more yellow, but it has more green and pink and some blue in the print too.

Thanks for stopping by! Wish me luck for the craft fair....AND that I survive the weekend (its a lot of work sitting around waiting for sales!)

Have a great day!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!!! I'm gonna try this
    --Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Love your bags. Something new I will have to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete