Monday, March 1, 2010

PRECIOUS BABY BOOK

Hi all. Hope you are having a great Monday. Being March 1, I'm hopeful that SPRING is around the corner (despite the snow cover!)

Today's featured project is another mini book I completed. This too will be shown at the Craft Fair my daughter and I will be at in March. I had lots of fun with this book, as I tried some different ideas with this one.

The book measures 8 1/2" wide and 5 1/4" high. I used paper from the DCWV Nana's Nursery for Boys stack. This one and the Nana's Nursury for Girls has been my most used and popular stack. The papers are specific for each gender or can be used to make general type books for either (lots of customers at craft fairs say they don't know the gender and these type books usually sell first. Each page is chipboard covered with the above paper. It gives a nice, sturdy feel. The back page, I used two layers of chipboard to give the back of the book a strong base. Used the Crop a Dile to punch the holes. With all the layers inside the book, it got quite thick, so I used 7 Gypsies Cable Rings to bind the book. Each page edge was inked.
The title "PRECIOUS" was cut using my Gypsy and the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. Baby feet were cut using New Arrival. Border was cut using EK Success border punch (Brackets)
I created a pocket with a tag for this page. The tag has a place for the baby's names and birth stats. I used a pen and used my Gazelle to create this page.




I like to keep the pages fairly simple. For more versatility, I use photo corners, ribbons or border strips to hold the photos in.
This page, I created a mini book to hold 2 photos, or a photo and a place for journalling.
This is the page, opened.


This page can hold a photo under the border, and on the tag.



Another "mini book" to hold more photos or journalling.






I like to use larger photo mats for the back of the book for larger photos.

I'm really proud of this book and I can't wait to make more.

Hope you enjoyed today's feature. I have more books to post, so I hope you come back to see more of my work!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day and THINK SPRING!!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

4 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job! So adorable. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy you book is SO ADORABLE!!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely book. Also I have a Beautiful Blogger award for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on this book!!!

    ReplyDelete