Monday, March 14, 2011

Monochromatic Birthday Card

Time to get back to crafting! Hi all! Hope you are having a great Monday. I appreciate all that have been visiting in the past month when I've been AWOL from my blog. I'm back and hope you all continue to visit.

Today's feature is a card made with several layers and one of my favorite papers - Core'dinations. I used this paper for the background, embossed with a Sizzix folder and sanded a bit to bring out the dots. Cricut Cartridge Cindy Loo was used for the open scalloped circle and its shadow. The shape is the circle design with the deer (page 69 of the handbook) and I used the Gypsy and the Hide Contour feature to remove the detail in the circle and just leave the open scallop design. The top circle with the greeting was cut using Cricut Cartridge Paper Lace - which is one of my current favorites!

I tend to go for less is more and like the simpler cards.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you soon.

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

1 comment: