Thursday, March 17, 2011

Making Unique Papers with the Imagine


This is part two of my experiments making my own paper designs using white glazed and pearlized papers that are on the market these days. Yesterday, I showed you the results I obtained using these papers with inks and glimmer sprays.

Today, I am showing the results I obtained using my Cricut Imagine and these same papers.

When the Imagine debuted last summer at CHA, the demonstrators talked about using glazed papers. I went on the hunt for these papers and found them at Archivers. Made by Bazzill, its their famous textured cardstock with a glazed design on the paper and at $2.00 a sheet, it was more than I like to spend on paper. I was anxious to try out this method so I purchased a few sheets in white and cream colored sheets.

These first examples, I used Colorbok white textured cardstock (on the left) and the example on the right is the Bazzill glazed cardstock in the cream color. I liked how the colors looked deeper, the green/blue seems more intense too. Once I printed the papers in the Imagine, I took a cotton round and rubbed the ink off of the glazed areas. It did blur a bit on the edges of the paper along side the glazed design. I liked the way it turned out.



Here is another example, using the same papers (but the Bazzill glazed is on the left side) Its kinda cool how the glazed design shows and the deeper colors of the printed design.


Here is a close up of two more examples. Both of these papers are from the SEI pearlized paper stack. The design you get depends on how much or how little glaze there is on the paper. The paper on the left is mostly glazed and the swirls are the areas that retained the print of design from Imagine. The one on the right retained most of the printed design from the Imagine, as the glazed area was smaller. You can see the little flower designs on the paper.


Here is another photo, of the above papers.

Here is a layout I created using these papers. Both are from the SEI Pearlized stack and printed using the full 12 x 12 printing method on the Imagine. I used Cricut Cartridges Cindy Loo cartridge for the frame and the scalloped circle for journaling; Pagoda for the Kanji symbol and flower, and Gypsy Wanderings for the word Journey.


I hope you enjoyed today's feature. I enjoy creating these papers and look forward to creating more!

Happy St. Patrick's day!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Great papers and a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These papers are fantastic......I don't have an imagine but when i see stuff like this it makes me want one!!!!

    ReplyDelete