Monday, July 6, 2009

Creating Cards Again!

After a visit to Joann's last week and purchasing some paper (I was conservative, only bought 16 sheets) I was anxious to create some cards with the new paper. Once I started with one, the ideas kept coming.

This first card was created using the Wild Cards Cricut Cartridge and Core'dinations Chocolate box paper. I embossed the Core'dinations with the Argyle Cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded it. The greeting and the corner were cut from Bristol paper and colored in using Tim Holtz Alcohol ink markers.

The card didn't photograph so well, as the letters seem to blend in with the background paper, but it looks better in person.

I wanted to keep the card "unfrilly" so it could be a masculine card. I also inked the edge of the front of the card. Its one of those unusually shaped cards which are nice change from the A2 size.




This card was created using Wild Cards Cricut Cartridge and Design Studio. I wanted to make this style card but wanted to make it unique. I welded the letters HAPPY to the front of the card. I put two layers of "swoops" on the front, both cut from Core'dinations White Wash paper (my NEW FAVORITE!) The front layer is unique, as I created the scalloped edge in Design Studio. I then embossed it with D'Vine swirls in the Cuttlebug, and sanded it to bring out the color. SO COOL! The second layer is a plain edge "swoop" and I sanded it to bring out the color. The word "Birthday" is cut using the Jasmine cartridge and the cupcake is cut using Doodlecharms.

I've got several more cards to show...and will post them in the coming days.

Don't forget to post on the post dated July 2, regarding the Blog Candy! I will draw the name for the Swiss Cheese EK Success Border Punch on Friday

Thanks for stopping by....have a great day!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

1 comment: