Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cupcakes for your Birthday!

I saw a card similar to this in an Archiver's ad and I thought I would try to duplicate it in my own way.

Green background cardstock is Core'dinations, embossed with Swiss Dots and D'Vine Swirl Cuttlebug Embossing folders. Circle cut using Sweet Stack by DCWV. Edge around circle was cut using Martha Stewart Border punch and straight edge snipped to create border to curve around the circle. Cupcakes were cut using Sweet Treats and colored with Copic Markers. Pedestal was cut using Celebrations.

Blue strip was trimmed using EK Success mini scallop border punch. Scallop circle with stamped greeting.


Sometimes when I make a card, I have a difficult time sending it out right away...but how can anyone else enjoy it if I keep it for myself? Guess I'll have to make another variation so I have another on hand.

Its great to be getting back into creating again. Although I loved the time I spent with my kids and their families, especially my Grandchildren, its nice to be home and creating every day.

At the Cricut Message board, all the buzz lately has been about the new Cricut Lite Cartridges. Although they don't carry them at my local Walmart, I did find them at the Walmart near my daughter's and I was able to pick up two. I have been busy making cards with them and can't wait to show them off! So be sure to stop by again soon!

Have a great day...thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

4 comments: