Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm Back! Mojo's Workin'!

Hi Everyone! Its been a month since I've posted anything new, but I'm back! I took a little time off because the ol' creative juices were running low. But within the past two weeks, I've been able to get creative again and I have lots of projects to share. I appreciate all that have visited in the past month and hope you'll come back to see my latest works.

This first project was a book I made for my mom for Mother's Day. The great grandchildren call her GG (great-grandma) and I made a mini book with all her great grands.

I used my Gypsy and the Sweet Treats Cartridge to create the flower shaped page. The book measures about 7 x 7" using photos as the centers of the flowers.

I used chipboard for the pages, and Core'dinations paper for the flowers. I love this paper. It is great to use as is, or to sand, or in some of the pages, I used Cuttlebug embossing folders.

I used Don Juan font cartridge for the title on the cover of the book.

I used Copic markers to highlight and shadow parts of the flowers. The verse was printed from my computer.

I also used Don Juan font cartridge for the names of the kids







And I included 2 empty pages for any future great grandchildren!


Mom really liked the book and has it displayed with other books I've made for her.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you will return soon for more of my latest creations!

Have a great day.

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

1 comment:

  1. I abolutely love this! And whats funny is we call my grandma GG too! Well thats what my kids and my sisters kids call her...she's just grandma to us! But this is way to cute and my grandma's 88th bday is coming up so I see a scraplift in my future! I hope thats ok!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete