Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cricut Mini Albums Design Team

I am pleased to announce that I am a member of the new Cricut Mini Album blog. We will be creating mini books with our Cricut to showcase on the blog. Here is my first challenge. We were asked to use any shape from the Cricut. I used the Apple shape from Doodlecharms. I cut it at 6" from chipboard and used apple colors - red, apple green and golden yellow.

Leaf and stem were colored in with Copic markers. I didn't want too many layers since this is where the book was bound.


For the cover, I used Don Juan for the title. I cut a smaller sized apple from Coredinations paper and embossed with Cuttlebug folder D'Vine Swirls. Small apple was cut using Doodlecharms and I used Paper Glaze to give it a shiny look.


Since its a smaller book, I wanted lots of space to add photos. I made pockets that are also photo mats. In the pockets, I put tags. Each tag can have a photo added on one side and journalling on the other.

Don Juan was used to cut "sweet". I used ribbon for photo corners.

On the left side page, this is a folder that will hold two photos inside, with a magnetic closure. I used Basic Grey magnets..these are VERY STRONG magnets! I also used border punches for added design. The border on the left and top of pocket and photo corners on the right were created using EK Success Border Punch called Brackets.

This is the folder show open.

I like using border punches to create paper ribbon. I used this on the left side. I

Another folder holding 2 photo mats, with Basic Grey magnetic closure.. CUTIE PIE cut using Don Juan

This is the folder, shown open.

Hope you enjoyed today's feature! I am excited about being a member of the Mini Albums Design team and look forward to more projects!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great Saturday!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment