Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Ryne!

We celebrated my great nephew's birthday yesterday. Ryne is a big sports fan (much like his Dad) and has been recently accumulating Chicago Black Hawks autographs. They are also big Disney fans, so I wanted to make a personalized card for him and came up with this theme.

I have to give credit to Mayflower (her screen name on the Cricut Messageboard) as she posted a video instruction as to how to make "tunnel" cards. I liked the style and started with that. I cut out Mickey and his uniform and I then realized Mickey wouldn't fit inside the card. I had to change the layout of the card...and this is what I came up with.

I started with a base of white cardstock, cut 14 x 5. I scored it at the 7" mark and folded. I used the Blackhawk colors - red, black and white. The title was cut using Don Juan for "the" and "is" and Hello Kitty Font for "Goal". THe hockey sticks were cut using Everyday Paper Dolls. The upper corner was a little bare, so I created a stripe with black and white cardstock, and printed the Blackhawks logo from the image I found on the internet (gotta love the internet!)





The inside card was created using more white cardstock, also cut at 14 x 5, scored for the tunnel card (at 3 1/2", 7" and 10 1/2"). Strips of black and red cardstock were cut for the side panels. Used Hello kitty Font for "to wish you" and Zoobaloo for Happy Birthday.

BlackHawks Mickey was created using Mickey and Friends Mickey cut at 4 3/4", and the hockey uniform and gloves and skates and stick were cut using Everyday Paperdolls, and using the Gypsy, stretched the images to make them wider to fit Mickey. Used white pen to create the laces on the skates, and the white bands on the uniform. Used a silver Sharpie to color the skate blades. The net was also cut using Everyday Paperdolls. (you can click on the photo to get a bigger view).

This card was lots of fun to make, but took quite a bit of time. I think because it was the first time I made this style. I hope to make more in the future now that I know how they work!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed today's feature. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and hope you stop by again soon!

Koala-t hugs,

Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, that is so adorable. I need to find the directions on how to make one. Did you make it with your gypsy?

    ReplyDelete